By Request: A Stevia Recipe
Hello, I found one of my stevia recipes. I haven’t tried this one yet, but I will once I have adequate kitchen space. If you try it, let us know how it goes. ~F_G
Chocolate Pecan Sandies:
¾ Cups softened unsalted (sweet) butter
1 ounce melted unsweetened baking chocolate
¼ cup vegetable glycerine*
1 tablespoon of water
1 tablespoon of vanilla flavoring
¼ teaspoon white stevia powder
2 cups all-purpose baking mix, sifted
½ cup finely ground pecans
1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- Vegetable Glycerine is a thickener derived from coconut oil. This sweet tasting thickener is usually available in health food stores.
1) Using a large mixing bowl, whisk butter until light and fluffy. Add, chocolate, glycerine, vanilla, stevia and continue to whisk until smooth.
2) Using a wooden spoon, stir the finely ground pecans into the mixture then add the baking mix, ½ cup at a time, stirring well with each addition.
3) Add the coarsely chopped pecans to the mixture. Knead the dough several times, form into a ball and wrap in plastic. Refrigerate dough for 3 to 4 hours.
4) When ready, preheat the oven to 375 F. Lightly grease a cookie sheet and set aside. (Or use parchment paper.)
5) Make 2 inch balls and place them about 2 inches apart on the cookie sheet. Flatten the balls slightly, bake for 15 to 20 minutes. The cookies should be golden brown.
Note: When posting recipes tag the entry: Recipe: Special Ingredient/Type of recipe: What it generally is: Title of Recipe. For example this one is tagged
Recipe: Stevia: Cookies: Chocolate Pecan Sandies.
If there was no special ingredient like Stevia or Splenda this tag could have been
Recipe: Baking: Cookies: Chocolate Pecan Sandies.
If you need help private message me. Thanks.